Saturday, March 21, 2015

Jelly Roll Race 2015


Brady said this morning that race day is the best day of the year--second only to Christmas.  I have to agree.  I love everything about this event. Thanks to everyone for your enthusiasm, donated prizes, and all of the laughs.
 
Jan delegated some of the referee duties to Brady--and gave him a whistle (thanks so much FG Jan--sarcasm!).  She told him not to start until I sat down so here is a picture taken with everyone waiting to start because I am not sitting down yet.
 
 
Our first place winner was Lynn!  We started at 11:11 and Lynn finished at 12:00. The last of the sewing wrapped up at 12:49 but there was a lot of other stuff going on during that time.  We had two dance breaks and some snacks and margaritas--all without stopping the clock.  Boy have things changed in that regard since the first race.


Mike had places to be today so Brady helped with the group shot.
 
Judy made St. Patrick's Day themed cookies.


Lynn brought Peeps-kabobs.
 


Several machines were acting up today--intermittently.  We had our first ever racer who started on one machine and finished on another (Kathy switched to Lynn's machine part way through).  There was a lot of talk to doing some intentional musical chairs next time.  That would be exciting.
 
I took so many photos today that I decided to break them up into multiple posts.  I was afraid to leave any out and that Ruth and Laura wouldn't feel like they were here with us. 
 
Next month, we will swap the art quilts.  Bring one if you want to receive one.  We will also continue to work on our braid challenge pieces.




2 comments:

  1. Well it was a successful jellyroll day! Fun to be had by all. So sorry I had to miss it, but duty calls. I suddenly have a large number of quilts with looming deadlines, and with a few vacations scheduled in April, I must make use of the few days I get at home catching up. I have my jelly roll strips sewn together....think that's what I'll work on next gathering. Your quilts are beautiful, as always. Happy National Quilting Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lori for all the photos and 3 great posts. It doesn't come close to feeling like I was there but it is nice to see and hear about your fun day. The Diva Jellyroll Race just keeps getting better.

    ReplyDelete