Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Spider Web Circle

I finally got 4 blocks together so I have a circle. I like the pattern  and I like the colors. This is certainly labor intensive. I made the second block yesterday and I thought I would make 2 more and put them together but I only got one finished and I spent all afternoon today making the 4th block. I know I am slow but can I be that much slower than everyone else. ( I  do not require an answer to that question.)

My first 2 blocks needed to be trimmed down and I lost my points. I moved my needle to the left for the next two locks and they came out exactly the right size. I think if I were to make a larger quilt with this pattern I would not use paper foundation but I would cut half square triangles of the kite fabric and mark it for placing the first strips around the "kite". I found a good tutorial here At Sew Mama Sew spiderweb sew along. It seems to me that the block would be more stable with the straight edges on the foundation.
 I think this is as far as I will go with this one.This will be a good size for our challenge. If I use a narrow solid border, then a piano key border and another solid border it should be just right for a bathroom wall hanging. My granddaughter liked my bathroom quilt and it is nearly the same color palette.

I am still working on the Ring Around the Rosie piece. I am trying to decide if I need some small "Rosies" or if I  should let the quilting put the finishing touches on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment