Sunday, May 6, 2012

Neutral

Yesterday I finally quilted a piece I made at a Linus gathering for my guild. I took a gawdawful  lovely bunch of fabrics and just went at it. No, there is not a picture, Ruth.  There were a lot of purples and pinks, greens and  browns. What color to use for the BIG STIPPLE quilting? I chose a lilac because I thought it would match the color I had for the binding and I didn't want to have to make more than one decision. Strangely, it was too brown for the lavender but acted in a surprisingly neutral way for the quilting. I have used shades of purples many times as a neutral, often to set crazy stack and whack blocks. Live and learn. And try to remember.

1 comment:

  1. You inspired me to try to get my Linus bundle quilted. I cam't even describe what color it is. It is purply taupe/tan. It is a rail fence and I've ditch quilted the main rails but I'm having the same dilemma on what color to use for the giant stipple. I'm using my new sewing machine so it is nice start building new habits but it's also going a bit slower.

    ReplyDelete