Saturday, July 21, 2012

That time when Susie saved the day

I don't know about everyone else but, when I'm ready to put together a top that has a lot of blocks and I realize I need just a few more ... that's enough to derail me for years.  Literally.  Earlier today as we laid out the blocks for the Trip Around the World, we were missing 5 blocks and we had Syd's strip sets for 3.  It didn't make sense because we all know that Syd is always covered in the math department.  If I had been alone, I would have boxed them up for a rainy day.  Luckily, Susie was there and noticed that we had several stacked on top of each other.  We did only need three!!!!  Thanks for actually paying attention, Susie.

We had a great day.  Everyone was energized and busy with their projects or giving advice when it was needed.

I'm still struggling with the focus tweaks on my phone camera but I got a couple of shots that aren't blurry.

Speaking of blurry, this was only the beginning of rearranging the friendship blocks, a few minutes before we were all completely cross-eyed.  It is going to be beautiful.


Here's a shot of Lynn's circle inspiration designs.


I didn't have a great vantage point for the photo but Gwen's Halloween quilt is stunning.  We were all coveting it.


Dianne pieced the border and then completed the improv top.  I'm so glad to see it come to fruition.  There was also talk of lovely chartreuse free motion quilting.


It looks like the third Saturday in August is the 18th.  Hope to see you there for our circle finale.  Thanks everyone for keeping up the energy and inspiration.

Kathy, I have your ruler and, Susie, I have your box-o-stuff.  I'll bring them to QDP on Monday in case you are there.

2 comments:

  1. Oops, Ruth was supposed to take the ruler. Bring it to QDP and I will get it to Ruth at Friendship..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori - as I was walking around the house wondering what the . . . , where did I put that now. Thanks! See you at QDP Monday evening.

    ReplyDelete