Saturday, October 20, 2012

Back in Basement

It was good to be back with the Divas again even though we were 2 short. Hmmmmm..... I should probably say that we were short 2 Divas; some people might take exception to me saying we were 2 (too) short. :) Just a little short people joke as there are a few of us in the group.

Yes, lunch was great as usual and here are Judy, Maryann, Laura and Gwen cleaning up afterward.

Everyone seemed to be doing something related to the challenge but the only photo I got was of what Judy was working on.  
We didn't actually have show and tell about our challenge pieces but everyone was talking about what they were going to do or working on cutting for them or doing something.
We never all got together at one time to show what we we going to make. That was good for me because so far I have no idea at all.
I think we decided that the finished piece is due in April, but maybe not.

We did have show and tell to see the Halloween pieces everyone had finished or was working on. This is Lori's October quilt hanging on one of those little tapbletop wire trifold frames. She has a little quilt for every month and I am going to try to remember to get a photo every month.

Here is Suzie modeling her Dracula cape. 

These are 2 Halloween pieces that Lynn is working on. The one on the right is all batik and really cute. The one below is wool and has several elements yet to add. 
Here's Lori is hiding behind holding up her cute little Halloween piece made with a nice bright panel and very nicely (of course) quilted by Lori. 

Last is the quilt that we layered and pinned. It was made from blocks that the Friendship block swappers made.
when we made the blocks 2 of us missed the first line that told us what colors to use. I don't know what colors Judy used but my blocks were brown. They would have stood out like a sore thumb in this quilt but I did them over in the right colors and I think I gave the brown ones to Kathy. This quilt is so pretty "in person"; the photo doesn't really capture that.
That little head in the forefront on the right is Brady admiring the quilt. It is always fun to see Brady it gives those of us who don't have any little ones at home our Kiddy Fix for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment