Sunday, January 20, 2013

Race Day

It was a GF3 day, Good Friends, Good Fun and Good Food.
I am sure there are some other photos yet to be posted but here is my collage of most of the finished quilts ( this was after lunch when no one wanted to stand up alone and have their quilt top photographed). The rest of the collage is most members admiring their prizes, I missed Syd and Kathy with their prizes. Syd received a quilting book. Syd has more quilting books than all the local libraries combined but i am sure she has room for one more. I think Kathy received some leftovers; I never saw her open her prize..


The second and third photos from the left in bottom row are Lynn, first place winner last year, and Judy, first place winner this year, wearing their crowns.
I don't suppose I will ever get a crown as I came in dead last this year and next to the last last year. However I did get a special trophy, The Topiary. It has been passed around from unsuspecting person to unsuspecting person for a number of  years. I should let someone else tell the story about it as I was not there at the beginning. Though I had heard about it many times, I only saw it for the first time last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment