Monday, April 8, 2013

Collaborative Quilts

I finished up the little quilt using my left over blocks that Gwen put together for a top. Here's  Suzie and I in this first photo with the quilt she put together and finished completely from my orphan blocks.
Suzie's finished quilt and Gwen's flimsy
Gwen and I are on the right with the flimsy she put together from my leftover disappearing 9 Patch blocks. Even though Gwen offered to finish it I decided that I should do it because I felt guilty about these ladies using what was supposed to be a light hearted, whimsical, not serious "prize" at our Jellyroll Race.



layered up and pin basted
quilted and bound










close ups showing details







I am going to put both of these quilts in our "Caring Quilts" closet at church. Even though I love both of them and the time and thought that went into making them, I know they should be used and enjoyed instead of living in a closet or blanket chest.










1 comment:

  1. Ruth - it was a great exercise in the art of not over thinking a quilt (quoting Mary Huey). And I can't think of a better place for it but your church's "Caring Closet". But you never know what next year's jelly roll race prize patrol with bring ;-)

    ReplyDelete