Saturday, April 27, 2013

Starters

I had been working on a quilt using made 5 inch fabric blocks and when I cleaned everything up and put away all the color sorted strips and chunks I had a box of pieces too small to color sort. They are not much use for anything but to start the center pieces for larger pieces of "made fabric". I  decided to leave the box out and work on making "starters".

The largest  piece here is about the size of my hand and as all the larger pieces are put away I can't make them larger with what I have out at this time.














These are mare made from left over pieced parts from various projects. Many people would have thrown these away but I seem to have a great need to clutter up my life with a lot of bits and pieces. From the very beginning of my quilt life, I started collecting left over little pieces.  I got rid of  gave away a fairly large amount of it in the last two years, as some of my friends may know.

I will be bringing these starters to our next Diva meeting to use and to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment