Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Race

Yes it really was a fun race and a fun day all around.  I am happy to see Kathy's post and  posts by Laura and Mary Ann who are new to posting. I am hoping to see a few more.
I have a confession to make I CHEATED; I sewed 2/3 of the first long seam at home.  Actually it was more of a handicap because I am always slow and I am old and I burned my thumb and I did it for my friends so they wouldn't be waiting and extra hour for lunch.  I didn't come in first anyway so it didn't matter. Just to keep myself honest I told 2 people before the race started.

We got there an hour before the race so there was time to set up and catch up on what is going on with everyone and drink coffee, and partake in some pre-race nourishment. Brady is very good at playing host he always makes sure no one is feeling left out.








We did have 2 power failures which were quickly fixed. Some of us took advantage of the time to have another quick snack and then it was back to work.
There were also 2 dance breaks. I didn't dance because I was too busy snapping photos. But it looked like everyone was having fun.

 There was some serious sewing going on too and everyone except Mary Ann had a flimsy to show off.





For some reason we didn't get individual photos of all the flimsies but we did get a group shot. You can see Mary Ann holding up her Jellyroll which her sewing machine refused to sew. I think the race quilts get better every year  this being the best so far IMHO.











Everyone received a prize and there were goodie bags made and filled by Judy and participant patches made by Lori which were signed by everyone there.












Because Gwen finished first she was the Queen Diva today and she received a purple crown.





4 comments:

  1. The most festive jelly roll race to date! Congratulations Queen Gwen! Sorry to miss all the fun but it tough to beat your cute little grandson telling you thank you for coming to my game. I'm picking up my machine later today - maybe M.A. can drop hers off then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the very BEST addition was the dance segment of the competition...but where are the photos of the twerking divas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianne the pictures are there but it loses something in a still photo. The one of the lady in the blue top comes the closest, don't you think?

      Delete
  3. looks like a good time was had by all, but why would anyone who knows the group think any differently?

    ReplyDelete