Monday, February 10, 2014

Happy New Year and Happy 100!


Did you realize this is our 100th post?  Here’s to the next 100!   Speical thanks to Ruth for guilting us into a few of those to get us into the habit.
I have to say, I do a pretty horrible job with quilt photography.  It is always a last-minute recordkeeping task rather than something that is likely to turn out to be a quality photo.  I wanted to review what I’d accomplished sewing-wise in 2013 and decided that a blog post with a few photo collages might be the best way for me to remember what exactly I’d spent my time on last year.  It turns out that I am even less proficient with photo collages so you’ll have to bear with me.  This was only my second turn at it and, again, I put function over form.  Here goes.

 I made a few crafty things last year as well as a few projects that only made it to the block or flimsy stage.  I didn't bother to include the 20 pillowcases I made for Brady's birthday party.


 



I was surprised to see how many charity quilts I finished.  Some of the things that helped me in that area were the Wildwood charity sewing day, digging through Dianne’s leftovers, and a more realistic review of some of my stash (cut up those flannels and big prints I’ll never use!).



These are all of my finishes that were given to family and friends.  I’ve decided that it is silly for all of these tops to be hanging in the closet instead of on beds.  The biggest challenge is that I seemed to really enjoy making queen sized tops for the first few years.  I’m slowly and steadily working through the pile, though, and I’m using up quite a few yards for backs, too.


I managed to keep up with some of the challenges this year, too.  Thankfully, these are small pieces.


Fellow Divas, I hope you are getting your fabric together and revving your engines in preparation for the Jelly Roll Race on February 22.  It’s always a crowd pleaser and, of course, everyone gets a specially chosen prize!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I am impressed!! Celebrating your 100th post by posting my FIRST blog comment EVERRRR!! Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 posts, really? It is good to see your post and a comment by Dianne, now that is really impressive. Now what about everyone else, does the cat have their typing fingers?
    BTW it's nice to see all your quilts, you've had a busy quilting year. Don't sell yourself short on the photograph you did a good job with the collages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NIce one, Dianne, now evereyone else is in trouble with Ruth.

    ReplyDelete