Sunday, April 13, 2014

April photo post

I heard from many of you to make sure I took lots of pictures.  As usual, there were many I missed but here are a few. 

As Kathy mentioned, there were lots of great conversations.  Ask Jan about her wife badge and be sure to ask Dianne how things are going with her cutting progress.


Lynn brought some of her stash and many Quilting Arts back issues.  Many were taken but many were not.  I'll have them here to look over next month then find a home for what's left.


Jan showed her Linus jelly roll.  I think we all think she deserves an A+ for design and resourcefulness.  See, those race prizes are all hidden gems!


Jan also brought her in progress bricks and mortar.


Dianne was so intrigued that she ditched the pattern she'd brought and started planning a bricks and mortar of her own.  Here are Jan and Dianne plotting their next moves.



Fran and Gwen were layering and pinning.  I'm sure they were thankful to have company and extra hands to help.  I don't know why I didn't get close ups of their tops but they are both beautiful.


Jan presented the super secret triple four patch she's been making for Kathy ever since she got the idea many months ago (or should I say, ever since Kathy gave the directive).  Usually her powers of suggestion aren't subtle.  Jan did a great job and I think she enjoyed the scheming part A LOT.





Here is Blue Hawaii Elvis hiding in the upper corner.


Syd presented Kathy with this lovely knitted cowl. 



Lunch was great as usual.  After our meal, we had a birthday celebration.  Things were quite animated so forgive the out of focus shots.






Kathy gifted Brady with a stellar variety of peeps.
 

Next month, we plan to work on our Mary Ellen Hopkins pieces.  Some of the Divas also expressed interest in making one of the sewing organizing things that I made for Kathy (see the picture with the green gift bag and the square thing that has selvages on it).  It is designed to sit next to your machine and hold all of those little things that seem to collect there (snips, thread, scissors, tissues, whatever).  I'll send an email with a supply list and additional information for anyone who wants to do that project.

Thanks to everyone for making this a great meeting.  Ruth, Judy, Susie and MaryAnn were fondly missed and we talked (nicely) about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment