Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mary Ellen Challenge

I have to admit that I have not even started on the Mary Ellen Hopkins challenge. I had some things I needed to finish and I was distracted by my pile piles of scraps.
I had loaned all my Mary Ellen books to someone and yesterday I got them back. There is a quilt named Metamorphosis in the "Connecting Up" book on pages 12 and 13 that has always fascinated me.


EQ7 Version of Mary Ellen Hopkins Metamorphosis
  Last night I opened EQ7 and sat with the open book and worked out the pattern in EQ7. This is what I came up with, copied right out of the book.  I can see why I did not attempt this quilt at the time I first saw it. Though it seems that there are only nine patch and snowball blocks, there are at least 28 different blocks in this quilt. There are  blocks that have only one or two connector corners and connector corners that are 2 different colors and 9 patches that have 3 or 4 colors instead of 2.  Without working this out in EQ, it would have been way too confusing to me. However, now I think I will attempt it. I will  have to play with the colors a little (or a lot). I will have to buy fabric; I will certainly need some muckled fabric for background. I might make some changes but maybe not; I really love this layout.
I know that am not going to make the May deadline for the challenge (have I mentioned that I am not fast?) but I am going to make this quilt.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Good luck,you are a lot braver than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double wow. Have it done for the Wildwood show in Nov.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't be surprised if you showed up on Saturday with it quilted and bound...

    ReplyDelete