Friday, August 26, 2016

Diva and Friendship Shop Hop - Part 1

Before we moved from Ohio, the Divas and Friendship groups generously sponsored an Arizona shopping spree for me.  Judy made this specially-designed wallet to hold all of my loot (and a handy dandy map!).



After layering up my vintage batik HST quilt top at the retreat, I realized, of course, that I didn't have the thread I needed for quilting.  Since my deadline for this piece is next week, it seemed like the right time for the first installment of my shopping spree!  Most of the shops in my area have multiple weekdays with late hours plus they're open on Sundays but I thought I could squeeze in a trip to Quilter's Ranch in between work and the pool.  Quilter's Ranch seemed like a safe bet because they are a Bernina dealer (large shop), they offer a lot of machine embroidery classes and carry quite a bit of thread.

Here is my haul for the day. I felt somewhat shopped-out after the Amish quilt stores but I couldn't resist the Laurel Burch dog fabrics.  I will probably cut the panel horizontally and use them for two different wallhangings.  I also picked up the thread I was looking for and a potential batik for the binding.  Since the Divas had been so generous, I decided to splurge and also get the queen sized Supreme Slider.  I have heavily used the small one plus I'd like to support this quilt shop as my primary shopping destination.  They have so many things I love, they are probably closest to home and they are near guild meetings.


BTW, a neighbor down the street had two frogs this week (son of Bob?).  More to come, no doubt!



3 comments:

  1. Looks like a successful shopping trip to me!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a successful shopping trip to me!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice selection of goodies! A gift card well spent!!

    ReplyDelete