Tuesday, August 23, 2016

The Skimpy Post from the Summer Retreat

Even though I've only been in AZ for a couple of months, it was really great to come back to sew with my fellow Divas.  Syd planned the event.  Jan and Kathy had thought of everything--from picking me up at the airport to bringing a sewing machine and all of the bulky supplies.  It made my trip so much easier.  What did I do to deserve such great friends?


I was impressed that the hotel called us out by name.  Such a welcome!




Susie is doing such a great job blogging all of the photos so I only took a handful.  This was the white board just before we made some sort of significant edit.



Here's Prudie's bra quilt.  It is really beautiful.  There was some peer pressure regarding a men's underwear quilt as a sequel?!?



As is so often the case, we tried to help Dianne with her quilt after she was overcome with fatigue and had to retire to her sleeping room.  Despite the fact that she got an award for Most Improved By Late Night Help, she chose to eliminate the armadillos, Super Heroes, snakes, Halloween frogs and other charming additions from her quilt.


Here is the top, minus our *ahem* improvements.    Her inspiration was this free pattern.



After all of their hard work, Jan and Dianne took a break for a yoga salutation.  Kathy managed to photo bomb them in the process.





Thank you, Divas, for a wonderful time as always!  It was great to get away.  After five days away, this home body was ready to go home.  A dust storm in Phoenix tried to thwart my goal but, luckily, I made it home without a detour through Tucson.


See you in the Spring, Divas!

1 comment:

  1. It must have been a good time for all. I wish I could have been there to join in the fun. Love the two quilts;once again, Diane has nailed it.

    ReplyDelete