Sunday, April 22, 2012

Testing, testing 123 . . .

Here goes with my first attempt at posting. I watched a 3 minute Blogger video on You Tube and it provided the overview and screenshots I was looking for.

What a great day in the basement yesterday. I hope no one was stressed by the business meeting section but I think the past taught us that we need a bit of structure to keep interested.




My larger playtime circle
I'm still not sure which way to go with my circle project. For the past couple of weeks I thought I'd do a Stitch in Dye inspired project that could be a trial run for the Marble Champ pattern I plan to make for Brady's wall. Once everyone arrived yesterday and I saw some of the other projects, I decided to pull out my Playtime circles that I did a couple of years ago. Maybe there is a reason they have stayed on top of one of the piles all this time. I'd always thought of them as more of an exercise than something that would become a finished product. I still like them, especially since they include my favorite triadic color scheme. I think I'll play with some background fabrics for the circles then decide if they move forward or go back to the pile.

I did manage to get a couple of good shots of our over-achieving leader, Ruth.


Ruth talking to Susie and the group about her playtime circle

As long as the 8 foot table is still up, I will probably pin baste a few tops. I have backings made for the jungle flannel rectangle four patch I made at the retreat, a Wildwood charity bundle top, and the 1 1/4" log cabin carpenter's wheel.

3 comments:

  1. The test worked! I found my way on. Had a great time yesterday and was inspired to finish my paper piecing practice block. Now that I'm back in the groove with that, I'll design my piece for the challenge---I'm circling around an idea right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first post, good job, good photos too. It'sgood to see a few more people on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, you are going to have to show me how to post besides on the comments.

    ReplyDelete