Monday, April 30, 2012

I'm trying this out today since I got my new memory card for my camera.  Can't do much without that.

  So far I have done two practice pieces to get ready for our circle challenge.  The first is a quarter of a circle from Quilter's Playtime.   There seem to be a lot of these floating around the basement work area, so I won't use this technique for this project.




The second is a foundation piecing review which I will adapt for my project.  Thanks to the Divas--especially Mary Ann and her patience--I am back in the swing of that thing.



This week I spent a great deal of time drafting the arcs I will use for my challenge.  Luckily I love folding paper.  That seemed to be the best way to segment my arcs since I can't find a compass or a protractor.  I have never let lack of the proper tools stop me from doing a project.  Unfortunately, the patterns from the book didn't give me the design or sizes I needed so a little creative math is the solution to the problem--hopefully.  I haven't started sewing yet, although I am pulling together fabrics.  My foundation pieces are below.

At the moment I'm off making handbags, getting my assignments ready for Friendship and emptying more out of my other house.  There is a glimmer of hope there, so I'm reinspired to clean.!  Here goes.......anyone know how to get this thing posted???  I suppose if you can read this I must have figured it out.  I wonder if I resorted to reading the directions after clicking on all of the icons?????

4 comments:

  1. Note to myself--how do I get one of those nice titles to start with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, when you post there is a place for the title at the top before the posting box. I am going to have to get a camera and then I will have to learn to post that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete