Sunday, April 22, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to our blog. We are a group of quilter who have been meeting for a few years sometimes monthly sometimes more or less randomly. We started when a few people decided to get  together and work their way through the "Quilters Playtime" book by Diana Hire. It was appropriate that we started with this book because that is the way we view our time together. We share our quilting skills and experience and our life struggles and joys. We have a good time getting together and we always have wonderful  lunches.

We are currently working on a circle theme, which everyone is free to interpret their own way. There are only a few rules and there was some talk about being able to disregard one rule.

Lori

Kathy
These are a few of the circles that were worked on today. My photography is even worse than usual but hopefully soon there will be posts with picture from our other members.

Lynn's inspiration piece.

Fran


I worked on getting some freezer paper templates for some small "Rosies" to go with this that I brought along for input on my background. None of the things I had thought of using worked as well as suggestions from other members so I will  be shopping on Monday.



  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for getting the blog started. I'm new to this so I am looking forward to more information at our next "meeting". I finished my practice paper piecing and am working on the design for the real thing. When I figure out how, I'll post my practice piece.

    ReplyDelete