Friday, March 1, 2013

February Diva meeting

I am late in posting about our last meeting because I wanted to give someone else an opportunity to post some photos before I jumped in and took over (in my enthusiasm, I have an tendency to do that). It looks like everyone was busy this week.

Below, on the left, is Suzie with her 2012 Jellyroll Race quilt. The one on  the right was quilted by Kathy;  it had been  pieced by her good friends mother.
 
Here we have the front and back of Diane's large blue and white
quilt. She made this for an auction at her church, as she does every year. Diva Laura did the all over quilting design on her long arm.
Gwen finished her batik Jellyroll Race quilt for this year. she said she took out some of the very light strips and  added some from her own stash. I think she said she did  a little bit of revising also.
 
There were several more quilts that people brought for show and tell.  There was a lot of work  going on too. I walked around looking at what everyone was doing but left my camera sitting somewhere and missed it all. I keep hoping someone else will post pics too. Yep, that is another hint (in case you missed the first one).
I was the recipient of a finished quilt and a flimsy. Both Gwen and Suzie were the lucky winners of packs of orphan or leftover blocks that I donated as  prizes for this years race. Gwen offered to take the flimsy home to finish and I was going to take her up on it but I felt guilty letting her take the time to quilt it so I will finish it.   
 
I don't think I got a shot of these last month. Lori made batik patches for all the participants when as we finished we signed everyone's patch. What a nice idea.
I was wracking my brain trying to come up with a way to make valentines for everyone that wouldn't take me forever to do. I was running short on time because it took me forever to figure out how I was gong to cut all  the heart motifs from my Spoonflower fabric. I did a "not so hot" job of spacing the hearts in the layout I sent and I didn't leave enough space to cut squares of everything. I looked at Lori's race patch and the light bulb went on. I went out and got a new pinking blade and went to work. I quilted over most of the lines in the heart so I only got a few valentines made after all. instead of valentines I cut the hearts apart and gave everyone a heart. Everyone was

2 comments:

  1. Hi, the quilt to the right of Susie's jelly roll was one I quilted up. The top was pieced by my good friend Donna's grandmother in the 30's.
    k

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, thanks for setting me straight on this one. I was probably busy talking and completely missed who made it.
      ruth

      Delete