Friday, May 17, 2013

Ready to rock, or roll , or not

  Another basement adventure coming up tomorrow. We will be short a couple and that's always sad but then at least we know who to talk about. Sue will be with grandchildren, Jan will be becoming more beautiful with her daughter, Laura is involved with her daughter's bridal shower and Lynn's son is getting married. When the hell did we get old enough to be doing those sorts of things.Cripes. Lori needs to find some younger friends.
 I'm not so sure about the 15 Minutes of Play thing. I have had at least 15 Days of Dread getting ready for it. Bring a shoebox full of strips and chunks for communal use. The worry starts, what if I bring the wrong stuff, what if no one takes my stuff. It's lunch time at school all over again. I have a shoebox of the lad's and I have filled it but am so very tempted to take a shoebox that I have from a pair of Margie's baby shoes. Way easier to fill. And an unfinished project to commit to. I think Susie wanted us to re purpose ( I hate that phrase almost as much as I hate the term "up cycle") an old piece but I think I will finish a Stack and Whack I started for the lad when Mary was in the old shop. Decades ago. I found and sized the blocks but the setting is bothering me so I will work on that and maybe the kid can have it when he graduates, again, next year.
Without Ruth-the-Slave-Driver quilting life would be less  stressful but not as much fun.
I suspect there will be pictures up after tomorrow.
  I hope I can sleep tonight.

1 comment:


  1. Really, there is no wrong fabric. When we pool our fabric it will all go together just fine.

    And what do you mean slave driver?????? Me??? Hmph.

    ReplyDelete