Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Playing with Scraps

I can't get away from this, these scraps just won't let me put them away. I have been using some of the scraps I picked up to refill my shoe box and they fit right in with my stuff at home.
Judy inspired me to do some piecing on paper triangles. I decided that eight was enough, you all know I am have been a reluctant paper piecer, even when I don't have to sew on the lines. I liked what I made but thinking about removing the paper kept me from wanting to make a lot more.
These top two shots are auditions. I thought maybe I wanted to separate the triangles. Below that is the piece sewn together. Yes, I do have a plan  that I am working on (and it is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would).

 
 
I think after all that I will make more triangles. The paper almost fell off by itself and I like working with triangles.

Here is my messy design wall. I have been sticking things up there so I won't forget them or lose them. I want to thank whoever put the green strip set in the fabric pool. You can see that I have used 3 of the fabrics in my 6 /12 inch square.
 That little rectangle with printing, up on my design wall, is something I printed (but didn't use) for a Friendship block for Kathy's words of wisdom quilt.  I found this as I was looking for something else. When Kathy said proverbs I took it literally as Proverbs.

 A quarrelsome wife is like a
constant dripping on a rainy day;
restraining her is like restraining the wind
or grasping oil with the hand.
Proverbs 27:15-16.
I am going to put a border around it and put it above my desk. I got a little irritated yesterday and Jack was the recipient of my not so sweet and gentle words.
Do I have to tell you he likes this Proverb?


1 comment: