Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Quilt Show

Many of the ladies Divas from the Basement group belong to the Wildwood Quilt Guild. Their quilt show was this past Sunday and it was very nice with many really great quilts. For some reason the Divas seem to be reluctant to post their own photos and tell you about their quilts; maybe they are just shy.
 
All the photos I got of the Diva quilts are in this collage. Of course nothing here represents size. These are all different sizes from about 8 x10 inches to bed quilts and the little quilts look larger here than the bed quilts. I thought I had more photos but I had some issues downloading from my camera and I also kept running into people I knew and stopping to talk so I may not have taken photos of everything I thought it did.

Two of the quilts in the collage above were from their guild challenge. All the members drew a card from a deck of cards and that was to be their inspiration. Can you pick out the 4 of clubs and the 7 of clubs.
 

These two photos on the left are from the challenge. I could not get  back far enough to get a picture of the whole area. The inspiration card is clipped to the quilt. The Jack(of Spades)  in the Box is also a Diva's quilt. These are all small quilts I am not sure of the exact size requirements but it is somewhere around the size of a sheet of copy paper.






These 2 photos on the right and below are what was hanging to the right of the top 2. The 4 of Clubs on the lower right row is a Diva's quilt. there are probably others here from the Diva's  but they did not have names on them as there was voting for favorites. I am not sure who won but I know it would be hard to choose. There is an abundance of clever ideas here as well as good workmanship.
Maybe some of the ladies Diva's will add some photos of their  own and tell you something about their quilts. They have nothing to be bashful about.
One last thing, I was the recipient of a sweet little 4 x 4 quiltlet made by Jan. It matched her  7 of Clubs challenge piece. Now wasn't that nice!
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment