Saturday, February 9, 2013

Divas on the Road

Today I was invited to teach foundation piecing to the lovely ladies of Ruth's church based guild. Many of the same ladies from Teen Quilt Camp. Diva Judy joined the fun to see if she fit in and to perhaps lure her to camp this summer. I believe we have recruted her.
After much chatting and a wonderful pot luck supper I began my lesson.
First I gathered them together so for a little show of the pieces I had made and could find. Then I began the confuse the heck out them portion. Then, using Judy's machine, I did the demo portion.
Off they went to their own little piecing worlds and I bopped about to answer questions, one on one.
They all did an amazing job and tomorrow we shall return for another day of fun and sewing.
It was good to spend time with these ladies.
Lori and Brady heard our noise and came down to visit. Brady attends school there and was being picked up and will be on his way to a wonderful adventure.
I would bet that Ruth will put up a few photos later. Judy and I left about 8:30 PM. I hope Ruth went home for a good night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment