Sunday, February 10, 2013

Paper Piecing lesson with Kathy


Our quilting group at Willoughby Hills Friends Church invited Basement  Diva Kathy to come and give us a lesson in paper piecing. The ladies wanted to learn and I know better than to try to show anyone else how to paper piece. A few years ago Kathy taught me how to paper piece and if she could teach me I knew she was just the one to come to our group. We all knew Kathy from last year when Kathy, Kathy's sister Margie, and Lori, all basement Divas came to help us at Quilt Camp. We are hoping to recruit Judy (pink sweater in the right lower corner in photo above) for QC this summer.



I  didn't get as many photos as I would have like to because I was working with my nose to the grindstone sewing machine in order to finish my circle of geese block. Some of our ladies left early and they were all packed up and ready to leave before I realized it and I didn't get any photos of them and their work .
My blue and yellow block does not have the bold graphic look the others have. I am going to use it in a specific project and it has a look that is more traditional and somewhat dated compared to the "Fresh Modern" quilts. However it is the look I am going for this time.
Everyone had a good time and there seemed to be a lot of enthusiasm for this lesson. I heard a lot of talk about the projects that are being planned for these blocks.  
Thanks  Kathy
.

No comments:

Post a Comment