Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March meeting

As I told most of you when you arrived in the morning for our March gathering, this day was all about backup plans.  We found out early in the morning that someone was coming to see our house at 3:00. Everyone was very diligent and kind in helping me tear things down and clean up in time for me to vacate.  I really appreciate it.  Mike and Brady were out and about with activities most of the day so I really needed the extra help to make it happen.

Based on the craziness, much of the day is a blur to me.  Many Divas were industrious at the tables. Others were content to socialize--myself included.  We had a great lunch, as always, with many dessert choices.  I failed to get a photo of Judy's fruit centerpiece. :-(

Once it was clear we were going to be tidied up on time, we decided to do show and tell.  I'm glad Dianne and Fran spoke up because it was a great showing.

Dianne got the borders on her amazing jelly roll.


She also got the other three quarters pieced for the top she started at the January retreat. Just look at that perspective!


 
Fran got her jelly roll quilted. Just look at that A+ muckling of reds!


And the pieced back.  What a composition!


See you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment